Here's my newest delight..
Bling!
Oh wow...this trip to see the boyfriend, Devin, living in Boston, turned out to be full of surprises (my favorite!)
I arrived into Boston late Friday Sept 11, 2009 with surprise #1: Flowers! Devin said he especially hand picked them out from a florist near his place, I was enamored by his sweet gesture.
Then, the Saturday Sept 12, 2009 morning, Devin wanted to do something 'surprising' for me, but told me I had to get up at 8am. So I pseudo did ( as I am not the morning person ). I was given instructions: wear something nice, however, it was pouring outside. Then Devin made me a delightful spicy egg burrito omelet. He was really quite sweet. Then off we set at "10am" for our unknown destination. I love not knowing things...so I went along with it! I was exhausted and knew we were heading out of Boston by car and trees were around. I then leaned my seat back and said, I'm just going to lay down a bit...well 15 mins later, he stops the car and says, "keep your eyes closed" so I pseudo did...I saw trees, I thought he was taking me into the forrest or something...then he tells me again, "keep your eyes closed." This time I followed my directions...then he opened my door, reminding me again to keep my eyes closed and escorted me down windy paths, crossing roads and then on to gravel like turf...then I felt it get really bright out in front of me...I turned to Devin, still eyes shut and asked: Why is it so bright? Then he had me open my eyes. I opened my eyes and saw this: Walden Pond. It was so beautiful, the picture isn't quite what I witnessed, but picture clear, glassy lake, swans, and trees surrounding. Definitely breathtaking. Alas, we walked down a trail, YES it's still raining, and uh-ehem, the bottom of my pants are getting wetter by the minute...we stopped a bit down the trail and he told me the history of the pond and references that an apostle brought their loved one there...then he asked me: "why do you think I brought you here?" To this I quickly replied: "um, b/c you wanted to show me a pretty lake, and some nature, and go on walk?? Then I turned to him as he lowered himself kneeling on one knee and he said how "he had found the one he wanted to spend the rest of his life with," then he asked me to marry him!!! OMGosh! I was like whimpering in my high pitched whisper, "oh my gosh, of course, yes!" This turned out to be the biggest surprise #2 of the weekend! I was definitely not expecting it, and was surprised by the whole adventure.
The rest of the day is sort of a blur, his knee was soaked from kneeling near a puddle, I was completely caught off guard by the proposal, two half naked runners ran by after, one swimmer potentially witnessed the whole thing in the pond, and the rain continued to pour....here is our first picture together after the proposal (the brightness is from the lake and camera lighting):
Afterwards we spent time in Boston Commons (such a gorgeous park):
Then Later had wonderful Italian dinner at Grotto in Downtown Boston:
Truly a great Day...even with the rain!

7 comments:
Dang, girl, that's shiny;) Congrats., and how sweet of Devan to pick his own flowers for you; very thoughtful! So when's the exciting day happening?
We are so so excited for you. I had checked the blog after we had gotten back from our walk and no post. then we put Hudson to sleep and yeah I got to see the pictures. "Nice Rock," says Chad... wow that was some story, I just loved it. Way to go Devan. Kristi I'm so excited. So Biker shorts by Thanksgiving????
Boo-yah!!! I'm soooo happy for you! Everytime I see you posted a blog, I have hoped that you are engaged since you are such awesome girl! Love that you are in love and getting married!
IM SO EXCITED for you!!! I love the story. Its so cute and just perfect for you!!! :) Congrats again and hope to see you soon. :)
Kristy!!!! Congrats! :)
Kristy!!!! Congrats! :)
Congrats Kristy!!! I'm so excited for you : )
Post a Comment