Sunday, March 2, 2008

Thunder Ridge

Our day of snowboarding started on a train that led out of the city 1.5hrs where we had transportation take us from the train to the resort. It was amazing, blue skys, real cars and trucks, and inches of snow!! Here is Young and Thomas in an art-see pic of the train adventure.
Here's also a sign that we decided as a groups would make it to our First Born's name. What do you think?
Here is the first picture taken with my camera post the horrific face plant fall that I took when the edge of my board caught...the camera still lives, zooming function, not working so well though. The poor camera!

Here are the Lodge Pics of young and I...we were making interesting faces, yada yada


Here is one of the greatest thing I found atop the mountain with ice cycles etc. I absolutely loved how it looked in the snow.

The snow storm just began, Young just realized she wasn't as warm as expected and probably shouldn't have taken off her coat at the lodge. Oops!

Here Young, my friend from nursing school who thought of the adventure to go snowboarding, is showing us just how to put on bindings. I'm happy to say out of the 50+ times we buckled our bindings, I only beat her finished once. She really is fast!
Here is Thomas just arriving at the lift from finishing our most favorite run, he's good at snowboarding as evidenced by his jeans on the snow.
This was too cool to pass up. Our silhouette from the lift broadcast on the snow, It was so pretty!!
Here is the beautiful sunset that my mom would have absolutely pointed out, gorgeous pinks and purples
The day ended with this. Yes, a bald man. We boarded the train, and he decided to entertain us with his ranting and ravings about life and getting WAY too personal with another passenger about things he did in his life, where he worked, the list just goes on. Young diagnosed him as bipolar manic...I'd say that was pretty clear. When we transferred trains we hurried to another car so we didn't have to deal with him again. lucky us. All in all a great SNOW DAY AWAY from the city.

3 comments:

The Bertagnoles said...

Sounds like you had a fun trip...lots of interesting experiences along the way. :}

rachel said...

I am soooooooo jealous! This is my first winter back in UT and I have been forbidden to go boarding! I'm drooling on my computer right now (not going to be fun to clean up). My program pays for my school, etc and if I break my arm or something...bad news for someone in my profession. I look forward to many more posts Blog Buddy!

Jay-Dub said...

Yikes! That looks cold! That is an awesome picture of the hospital/first aid station with icicles hanging. Glad you didn't have to go in.