Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Kitchen mishaps


So I thought I'd help my mom make lunch the other day in between conference sessions. In my attempt to make some homemade ranch dressing (so goooood!!) I had a blunder. I jammed the beaters into the hand mixer then realized I put the first in the wrong hole. So i grabbed it to switch its location and then with my other hand attempted to push the release button on the top of the mixer, instead I slid my hand up turning on the beater, yes with my hand still grasping the end.....in a few quick seconds I was in the most awkward position, saying, "help me, help me!" After another quick second, I regained logical thinking and slid my finger over shutting off the mixer. pulling my aching finger out of the beater in perfect form, but throbbing like no other, with a blueish tint above the knuckle. I thought I'd broken it, but luckily, it has just been sore. Moral of the story: Don't shove the beaters in the wrong spots on the mixer.

No comments: