Monday, April 28, 2008

things that i stumble upon...

Walking a little old lady...
As I came home one day from school...a little old lady with an interesting hat and a walker on wheels stopped me at the corner of gold/john st. I was "being new york" and was caught off guard. By "being new york" I mean: ignoring everyone around me, wearing my ipod, and focused on my end destination, at this time, it was home. So caught off guard I was, then she asked, "can you help me get down?" I looked and she was pointing to helping her roll her walker down the slope of the side walk and across the street to the jubilee market. I told her sure, yanked out my ipod earbuds. She grabbed my hand then grabbed her walker and we walked across the street ever so slowly. SO YES, I HAVE HELPED A LITTLE OLD LADY CROSS THE STREET. A-mazing. I can now cross this off my list of opportunities to do in life. I would do it again.
Mark Twain's casa
I was on my way to the post office today from campus to mail a letter and I stumbled upon Mark Twain's old house on 10th street in NY. I was baffled. Tom sawyer, huck finn...ahhh childhood memories, and to think it all happened here on a small street in new york. Just thought I'd share my star encounter.
Tribeca Film Festival 08
Last week, thomas and I hit up WE ARE MARSHALL. Great movie. It was called a new york Drive-in, that means for new yorkers or those without cars, sit on chairs near the hudson and watch a big screen. It was cool. kind of FRIGID, but fun.

2 comments:

The Bertagnoles said...

Life in NY sounds like it is always full of adventures.

The Lamb Family said...

So nice of you helping out the old lady cross a street;)

Yes, I think the baby is coming soon! I'm having more Braxton Hicks!!!