I feel the need to discuss certain experiences that have occurred to me over the time I have spent in New York.
#1:
Last fall while walking to the subway to clinical at 630a a man passing me in the opposite direction yelled: "SEXY" in a barking voice as I passed. I was startled and jumped a little, but quickened my pace to the subway hole. Who says that? In the morning too? strange!
#2:
While again on the way to clinical at 7am going toward brooklyn on the F train I was sitting in a subway car with approx. 10 people and one particular gentleman, let's name him Bo, was listening to music on headphones in the front of the car and I was sitting more alone in the middle while the rest of the people were towards the tail of the car. Then Bo decides he would come up and stand directly in front of me and almost straddle my legs and start freak dancing in front of me. All I could do without turning too much red in the face was glare disgustedly at him, praying that he would leave. After a moment, that felt like FOREVER, especially since he reaked of urine and other waste products, he finally moved on...and exited the subway car at the next stop. THank heavens. Boy was I ever lucky, I was then reminded of the matter as one of my fellow classmates was on the train witnessing the entire matter and then said, "that was YOU!? I felt so bad for that person" yea. so, i'm pretty much lucky?!?
#3:
Today, I was again greeted with "Damn girl you are Sexy!" as I exited the train this morning at 430a on my way to see my family arrive at the airport. I was half asleep, half out of it, and half confused. so that makes 3 halves....good math aye? So I ignored this man and his friends and scurried to make my transfer. I always figure that maybe not responding will help with not enticing the banterings more, but i dunno....any ideas of what i should do about these things? As I was scurrying down stairs I hear him yell: "You're Welcome!" Then i sort of felt bad for not saying thank you if he was paying me a compliment, but come on, It was 430a...I was not showered, not dressed in anything special, had no figure evidenced by a puffy northface coat, eyes were droopy for having had 4.5 hrs of sleep...I think it was not completely truthful. so there. another morning of weird occurrences in ny.
Flip side:
i do however think it is nice that ny men are able to express themselves in many ways, however, after having moved here and realizing that by being nice to random subway men, they have had the tendency to follow me off the subway and then further pursue. In efforts to maintain safety, I have chosen to adapt the mute, stoic faced, ny female appearance and character to not accidentally entice these happenings any more. fascinating, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You are just too sexy , what can I say?
I ditto the comment left by your family. You are just too sexy. It is sad, but you just can't help it.
Well sexy woman, what can you do? You look good even when you try not to, must be tough. :} Your storeis make me laugh and remind me of when I was in Italy. Men there are DISGUSTING!!! Ill tell you the stories sometime.
Post a Comment